How do mobile phones affect us?
Radiation is energy that is in the form of electromagnetic waves. Cell phones emit this energy from their antenna and the part of the body closest to it will absorb the radiation. All electromagnetic energy falls on the electromagnetic spectrum which has two types:
• Ionizing: can instantly damage the body by splitting molecules and ionizing atoms.
• Non-Ionizing: weaker and can ionize cells over long periods of exposure.
What is Mobile Phone Radiation?
Mobile phones communicate with one another by emitting microwave signals. Microwave radiation is a form of non-ionising radiation similar to that used by a microwave oven, but much lower power. As with other parts of the electromagnetic spectrum, microwave radiation can have a biological effect on our bodies.
What is the Unit of Radiation?
Radiation is measured in many ways, from the amount of energy that is being emitted to the amount the human body absorbs:
• MHZ: the frequency of an item. The higher the frequency, the more dangerous it is.
• Mrem: the amount of radiation absorbed. Too much can cause health issues.
• SAR: the rate that energy is absorbed. If it is too fast, it can have a negative impact on the body.
How Does Cell Phone Radiation Work?
Cell phones emit signals that are in the form of non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation. Because phones are used in close proximity to your head, it’s a concern that your brain may absorb some of this energy. This type of radiation is fine in small doses, but if someone is on their phone a lot, it could impact their body.
Can Mobile Phone Radiation have an effect on our bodies?
Biological effects are occurring in our bodies all time and include things like production of enzymes and proteins, repair of damaged DNA and cell reproduction. A large body of research now demonstrates that radiation from mobile phones can have a range of different biological effects on our bodies.
How to Reduce Cell Phone Radiation?
• Avoid body contact with your phone using speakers or a headset Join the waiting list
• Reduce your time talking on the phone
• Avoid using your phone with low signal, as it uses more power and produces more radiation
• Try putting your phone on airplane mode whenever it's not in use
• Keep your phone away from your head while sleeping